This state of the art program for women over the age of 40 is specifically designed to increase your energy, sharpen your mental focus, and dramatically improve your overall health and fitness, all while greatly reducing disease risks that could completely knock you out of the game. Whether you’re at the peak of your career and top of your game and want to stay there or feel you are losing your edge and want to get it back, this comprehensive medical program is designed to evaluate what’s needed physically, mentally and medically to accomplish just that.
Menopause symptoms are life altering for most women. Hot flashes, night sweats, sleep interruption, vaginal dryness with painful intercourse, urinary incontinence, reduced libido and accelerating bone loss leading to osteoporosis are among the most common problems related to menopause. Most women are frightened of hormone replacement therapy (HRT) due to the results of the Women’s Health Initiative (WHI) study in 2002 showing greater disease risk in women on HRT. While the WHI was a scientifically excellent study, it led to gross misunderstanding because it is popularly known to be a study of HRT. However, it did not study HRT at all. It studied the effects of two synthetic drugs designed to mimic bioidentical human hormones. Our Guide to Vitality and Longevity explains this misconception in detail with scientific references and explains why bioidentical HRT as practiced at the Leonardi Institute circumvents the problems discovered in the WHI to provide relief from the symptoms of menopause safely.
Our goal for you is to reduce your risk of our most common and serious age-related diseases while improving your energy and vitality, mental focus, motivation and zest for life for greater success and happiness in both your business and personal life. Our programs are based on published medical studies on the chemistry of aging and how we develop age-related diseases. Our focus is to use these published data to increase energy and vitality, slow aging and postpone or prevent the diseases that rob those of us in Western society of our quality and length of life.
If you’re experiencing the symptoms of menopause or perimenopause or have otherwise noticed reduced energy, libido, sexual performance, memory, mental acuity, aerobic capacity, strength or fitness or increased body fat and/or fatigue we will apply the latest science to your specific needs. We are experts in the safe use of bioidentical hormone balancing.
Many people go through life concerned about a strong family history of a specific disease and don’t believe there is a solution. Often there are markers of disease risk that can be measured along with methods to improve those markers and reduce risk. This science was likely unavailable to your parents and grandparents. Our expertise is in using all the medical science available to place you at lower risk than your ancestors. If for any reason you feel you’re at higher risk for heart disease, stroke, cancer, dementia, Parkinson’s disease or osteoporosis we’ll address those risks as well, educating you in the lifestyle maneuvers and nutritional supplements and possibly even medications evidenced to reduce your risk(s).
Live far from us?
While we’re located in Denver, Colorado, eighty percent of our patients reside outside Colorado and need never leave home after their initial visit. Follow-up testing can be done at your local lab. Your test results are downloaded electronically into your medical record and forwarded to you with comments from your physician or practitioner for review by telephone appointment, just as if we were sitting across the desk from one another.
Exactly how do we reduce the risk of serious age-related diseases?
In mainstream medicine we seek treatment after we’re sick, when the disease is obvious. In Vitality and Longevity Medicine, we act before the disease is apparent, to prevent or postpone it.
- Focus on end stage disease
Vitality & Longevity
- Focus on early stage disease
- Less Exciting
How do we do this?
- Measure – We use blood and other diagnostic tests to pinpoint markers of vitality and risk of age-related diseases.
- Optimize – We design and manage a custom program for you to change those markers of disease risk in your favor to slow aging, enhance vitality, and prevent or postpone our most common and devastating age related diseases.
- Monitor – We continue to monitor your vitality and disease risk markers going forward as we optimize them.
- Adjust - With every visit we make adjustments to your program based on your test results and updates in published studies on disease prevention.
- Coach – At every step of the way, we’re coaching you on the lifestyle adjustments and other techniques. You have unlimited contact with your physician or practitioner.
- Education - We teach you the science that slows aging and prevents disease.
- Optimal Nutrition - Ideal nutrition is a critical aspect of your success.
- Physical Fitness - We’re not slave drivers. We’ll help you with a fitness program that fits your preferences and works around your limitations.
- Focused supplementation with specific purpose - Nutritional supplements demonstrated to improve markers of disease risk and/or demonstrated to reduce disease risk by optimizing our body chemistry. Your supplements will be customized for your body chemistry.
- Prescription - We’ll prescribe medication, if advisable and agreeable to you, for purposes of prevention.
- Hormone Replacement - We’ll help you balance hormone levels safely for greater vitality and disease prevention.
They screen annually. We’re with you year round, implementing prevention.
Renowned clinics will screen you inside and out. If a disease is found, they have the mainstream specialists to treat you heroically. Yet if everything looks good, they will congratulate you and invite you back next year for another screening, giving little advice on true prevention. They may call it “prevention”, but it’s actually screening. A screening test can detect a disease but not prevent one.
Their practice model is the early diagnosis and treatment of late stage disease. Our practice model is to measure disease risk and implement prevention. In the simplest analogy, it’s a bit like comparing an X-ray to a seat belt.
For another very important perspective and a look into the future of health care, read Dr. Leonardi’s short article, “An Unprecedented Opportunity”.
Finally, download our Guide to Vitality and Longevity here, then call to schedule your initial evaluation, called a MEDSTART (MEDical STatus And Risk Targeting). Start taking charge of your health now, rather than letting it take charge of you.