Who We Are
The Leonardi Institute is a medical practice limited to the specialty of Vitality and Longevity Medicine. We are located in Denver, Colorado, but we serve patients worldwide with customized, comprehensive programs to enhance vitality and prevent the age-related diseases. The Leonardi Institute was founded in 2003 by David Leonardi, MD, ABAAM, CNS
What is Vitality and Longevity Medicine? It is a specialty of medicine practiced by medical doctors with two goals:
- Restore and maintain youthful vigor through middle age and beyond
- Prevent the age-related diseases
It is not an alternative to mainstream medicine but rather a complement to it. It is best thought of as a unique specialty of medicine focused on quality of life and disease prevention.
In mainstream medicine we seek treatment after we’re sick, when the disease is obvious.
In Vitality and Longevity Medicine, we act before the disease is apparent, to prevent or postpone it.
- Focus on end stage disease
Vitality & Longevity
- Focus on early stage disease
- Less Exciting
How do we do this?
- Measure – We use blood and other diagnostic tests to pinpoint markers of vitality and risk of age-related diseases.
- Optimize – We design and manage a custom program for you to change those markers of disease risk in your favor to slow aging, enhance vitality, and prevent or postpone our most common and devastating age-related diseases.
- Monitor – We continue to monitor your vitality and disease risk markers going forward as we optimize them.
- Adjust – With every visit we make adjustments to your program based on your test results and updates in published studies on disease prevention.
- Coach – At every step of the way, we’re coaching you on the lifestyle adjustments and other techniques. You have unlimited contact with your physician or practitioner.
- Education – We teach you the science that slows aging and prevents disease.
- Optimal Nutrition – Ideal nutrition is a critical aspect of your success.
- Physical Fitness – We’re not slave drivers. We’ll help you with a fitness program that fits your preferences and works around your limitations.
- Focused supplementation with specific purpose – Nutritional supplements demonstrated to improve markers of disease risk and/or demonstrated to reduce disease risk by optimizing our body chemistry. Your supplements will be customized for your body chemistry.
- Prescription – We’ll prescribe medication, if advisable and agreeable to you, for purposes of prevention.
- Hormone Replacement – We’ll help you balance hormone levels safely for greater vitality and disease prevention.
They screen annually. We’re with you year round implementing prevention.
In the simplest analogy, it’s a bit like comparing an X-ray to a seat belt. Renowned clinics will screen you inside and out. If a disease is found, they have the mainstream specialists to treat you heroically. Yet if everything looks good, they will congratulate you and invite you back next year for another screening, giving little advice on true prevention. They may call it prevention, but their practice model is the early diagnosis and treatment of late stage disease. A screening test can detect a disease but not prevent one.
Our practice model is to measure disease risk and implement risk reduction. We provide a turn-key program of prevention year round with all the needed ingredients and the coaching to keep you on track for a long, high quality life. This way, you shouldn’t need so much heroism.
Our Targeted Diseases
Those that alter quality of life and shorten life span the most or for us in Western society:
- Coronary Heart Disease and Stroke
- Overweight and Obesity
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Autoimmune disease
More Helpful Information
With a few lifestyle changes and state-of-the-art proactive health care, you can restore and maintain youthful vigor while simultaneously preventing the age-related diseases.